- Jon Bon Jovi on lead vocals (obviously)
- David Bryan on keyboards
- Tico Torres on drums
- Hugh McDonald on bass (finally "official" after more than two decades)
- Phil X on guitar (also elevated to "official" member)
- John Shanks on guitar (a somewhat controversial move after a decade of mixed feelings from fans about his producing skills)
- Everett Bradley on percussion
Tour photographer David Bergman shot this video as the band was heading to South Carolina. (It was also Dave Bryan's birthday).
Here's what was played at the concert:
Set list: Greenville, SC, USA - Bon Secours Wellness Arena - 8 February 2017
- This House is Not for Sale
- You Give Love a Bad Name
- Born To Be My Baby
- We Weren't Born To Follow
- Lost Highway
- Roller Coaster
- Working Man for the Working Man
- Because We Can
- We Got It Goin' On
- Who Says You Can't Go Home
- It's My Life
- God Bless This Mess
- Scars on This Guitar
- The Devil's In the Temple
- Someday I'll Be Saturday Night
- Blood on Blood
- Lay Your Hands on Me
- Have a Nice Day
- Bad Medicine
- Keep the Faith
- Wanted Dead or Alive
- Livin' on a Prayer
A few comments on the set list:
- I love This House Is Not For Sale (the album) so I hope they keep playing lots of tracks from it. But it'd be better to spread them throughout the set instead of putting them in blocks (or as casual fans might call them, "bathroom/drinks breaks").
- Speaking of new tracks, play "Living with the Ghost"!
- I was hoping "We Weren't Born to Follow" would be dropped by now. And surely putting it next to "Born to be My Baby" only highlights the fact that they have the same chorus. "Love's the Only Rule" would be a better song to play from The Circle.
- Why is "Because We Can" still being played? That singalong didn't work on the Because We Can Tour and it sure isn't going to work now.
Were you at this show? Or are you going to any of the other dates that have been announced of this tour?
UPDATE 11/2/17: I've been surprised by the lack of quality videos from this show, but some soundboard recordings (audio only) have been uploaded on YouTube.
"Always" -- I think Jon sounds decent in parts... not anywhere near his best obviously, and not at Lost Highway Tour level... but better than he's sounded in the last three or four years. I hope he's got a vocal coach because I don't believe it's too late to get his voice back, but it'll take time and work.
"Lay Your Hands on Me" -- This made a return after not been performed at all on the Because We Can or Burning Bridges Tours, and I'm glad it did.